NWZ Evaluations Covid-19 Protocol
NWZ Evaluations Covid-19 Protocol
The North West Zone Hockey Association will adhere to all guidelines set by the Chief Medical Officer of Alberta and Hockey Edmonton Sanctioning Guidelines. Below is a list of rules that must be followed while attending our evaluations this year:
*As of August 1, 2020, a bylaw is in place up to the end of 2020 that requires all individuals to wear a face-covering over their mouth, nose and chin, in all indoor public places (publicly or privately owned), and public vehicles (includes, bus, LRT and vehicles for hire).*
All spectators and players are to wear a face-covering when they enter the arena. Spectators are to keep their face-covering on for the duration that they are inside the building. Players may remove their face coverings once they enter the dressing rooms as long as social distancing is being followed. Players are not required to wear them on the ice but will be required to put them on after they leave the dressing room at the end of their session when leaving the arena.
Players are allowed to take off their equipment in the dressing rooms, however, no showering is permitted.
- Only skaters and instructors will be allowed to enter the facility 15-30 minutes before the start time.
- Use the provided hand sanitizer immediately upon entering the arena.
- Upon arrival, the player will be greeted by the program host who will record the player name, email address and ask the Hockey Alberta required health questions shown below.
- Spectators must remain outside of the facility until the previous group has exited the building.
- Players are to be dressed (as much as possible) in hockey equipment prior to arrival.
- Dressing rooms will be available (mostly) to tie skates only.
During ice time:
- No sharing of water bottles is allowed.
- Water bottles should be clearly marked with the player's name.
- Please pre-fill your water bottles at home prior to arriving at the arena.
- No spitting.
- The parents or guardians that are in the stands should practice two-meter social distancing even though face-coverings will be worn.
- Please follow the City of Edmonton indicated pathways for exiting the building.
- Hand sanitizers need to be used when exiting the building.
- Spectators must remain in their seats until the players have left the ice surface and have entered the dressing rooms - you are not permitted to stay in the lobby.
- The physical distancing of two meters must still be maintained off the ice and when possible on the ice.
- Washrooms should be available for public use.
- Obey the people traffic direction signs in the lobby.
Hockey Alberta Health Questions
If your child answers yes to any of the following questions we ask that you please stay home:
Do you/your child have any new onset (or worsening) of any of the following symptoms:
- Shortness of Breath / Difficulty Breathing
- Sore throat
- Painful swallowing
- Runny nose / Nasal congestion
- Feeling unwell / Fatigued
- Nausea / Vomiting / Diarrhea
- Unexplained loss of appetite
- Loss of sense of taste or smell
- Muscle / Joint aches
- Conjunctivitis (commonly known as pink eye)
- Has the person attending the activity/facility travelled outside of Canada in the last 14 days?
- Have you/your child had close unprotected*contact (face to face contact within 2 meters / 6 feet) with someone who has travelled outside of Canada in the last 14 days and who is ill**?
- Have you/your child attending the program or activity had close unprotected*contact (face-to-face contact within 2 meters/6 feet) in the last 14 days with someone who is ill**?
- Have you/your child or anyone in your household been in close unprotected*contact in the last 14 days with someone who is being investigated or confirmed to be a case of Covid-19?
* unprotected means close contact without appropriate personal protective equipment.
** "ill" means someone with Covid-19 symptoms on the list above.
Thank you for your attention to these guidelines during these uncertain times. We hope that everyone stays healthy and safe.
North West Zone Hockey Association